Frequently Asked Questions
How Do we submit?
What are the submission rules?
- The Chicago International Genre Film Festival ("Festival") is an awards-based competition calling for feature and short length films; feature and short animations and unproduced screenplays (feature length) related to the genres of horror, science fiction and fantasy.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form and applicable entry fees. Entries must be submitted in digital format. Foreign language work must be dubbed or subtitled in English.
- All submissions are subject to reviews and rejection at any time.
- All submissions are handled fairly and equally. We encourage you to submit as early as possible.
- All entries will be reviewed by the selection committee. The Festival will make no cuts or changes.
- All accepted entrants will be notified by email.
- Selected submissions will also be posted on our website.
- The Festival does not pay any fees for submitted work.
- If your submission is selected for the festival, a physical screener copy will be required on DVD, Blu-ray, or digital drive.
- Submissions will be viewed only after your entry fee is received and paid in full.
- The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in scheduling.
- The number of screenings, days, and venues is at the sole discretion of the Festival.
- All submissions must be labeled with the title of the entry, running time, the name of the writer/director, country of origin and Tracking #.
- The Festival does not accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials.
- The Festival does not insure individual prints. Make sure you have your own insurance.
- We strongly encourage you to only send materials you do not wish to have returned. DO NOT send masters or originals as any materials sent will not be returned.
- Rules are subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Festival, without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact us at CIGFilmFest@gmail.com
Where are the venues?
The Official venue locations will be announced soon.
When will accepted films be notified?
The Festival announces it's official line-up in September of the festival year. Some filmmakers may be accepted sooner to confirm and preserve premiere status.